Thursday, August 2, 2012

Crunchy Peanut Buttons

I just LOVE Ria's blog, Ria's Collection.
She has a great collection of recipes in her blog which i am sure all are familiar with after all she is our Vanitha Pachakarani 2011 :).
I have also tried her Biscuit Pudding and that's a keeper for sure....yummmmm .. do check it out.
Super simple to make and super duper tasty!!!

Also what I really liked were her prompt replies to my queries. When I first tried these out it was not a smooth ride and she really helped me lot!!!!! Thank you so much for that
These are my first ever home baked cookies ,so they very special :)

I followed Ria's recipe with just some minor adjustments for the benefit of baby S.
Also used lesser quantity as me n cookies do not have such a good history :D ... but I guess that's changing now...
Next time planning to follow Ria's measurements and maybe store half the dough in the fridge and use when required? Not sure, will post if I ever try that.

Adapted from Ria's Collection

Ingredients:

Wheat flour-1/2 C
Butter -1/2 C (make sure it's at room temperature) or enough to bind the ingredients together
Powdered sugar- 1/2 C
Peanuts ( without the skin) -1/2C -- i roasted them in M/W for around 3 minutes before using them
 
please excuse the poor picture quality - taken from my phone :(
  • Roughly powder the nuts in a mixer.This makes it crunchier, but as I was making them for the baby i powdered them a little finely.
  • Mix all the ingredients together and form 1/2 lime sized balls and flatten lightly with your hands or with a fork.
  • Place them on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 180 degrees for 15 mins.(mine took around 20 mins, will depend on the oven temperatures i guess)
  • They might be soft, but will harden once cooled.
  • Store in airtight tins.
And as she promises these are highly addictive.
Im afraid i will have to bake a fresh batch for my lil one as all the grown up kids(us) are finding it really hard to keep their hands off this :D 
Maybe i will finally find my misplaced camera's connection cable and be able to take decent pictures of them.... Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your inputs are very valuable. Please let me know if you liked my page or have any suggestions for me.
Thanks for stopping by.
Do come again!